I live in a rather old house, and it was not until I was reading a news article recently that I started thinking about the wiring in my house. I am not sure when the house was wired, or if it is up to current building codes. But since this house is quite old, I am guessing that it probably needs to be rewired. I am going to find a electrician in Paterson NJ to hire to take a look at the wiring in the house and tell me what they think needs to be done.
Of course, I will probably differ to the electrician, but I am already going into this thinking that I am going to have to pay to have the house rewired. I was trying to find out some information about the wiring in my house on my own, by doing a bit of detective work. I found out that part of the house has aluminum wiring in it, and the rest has copper. I am not really sure how I feel about the aluminum wiring, but it sounds like it could be dangerous. I read a couple things suggesting that it can be safe it is done right, but that it can also present a pretty serious fire hazard if it is not done right.
If I had to guess, I would say that the wiring in this house probably isn’t done right, or at least not by current standards, and that it probably does pose some sort of fire risk. I won’t know for sure though until I get an electrician over here to take a look at everything. I am going to go ahead and anticipate having to pay for it to all be rewired though, so I will set aside some money for that.